What is Movement to Work?
Movement to Work is a 2—6 week work experience programme for 18—30 year olds who are not in education, employment or training (NEET).
- A charity coalition of leading employers, civil society and government.
- Tackling youth unemployment and creating systemic change; investing in the future.
- A diverse & proactive membership base; public and private organisations across all industries.
- Collective knowledge and experience of NGO partners and are supported by CBI, DWP and TUC.
What are the benefits of Movement to Work?
Last year, 50% of participants who completed a MtW opportunity stopped claiming benefits. This is fantastic for participants, but there are benefits for departments.
- Builds diversity & social mobility by attracting those from deprived backgrounds to the Civil Service.
- Enhances the regional profile of the Civil Service.
- Feeds into the talent pipeline via apprenticeships, traineeships and sector-based work academies.
- Positively impacts on wellbeing and productivity in teams due to increased diversity.
- Increases return on investment (an NHS study found a 17% increase in ROI).
- Gives employees an opportunity to develop their leadership skills.
Opportunities Form– please fill out this form to offer to host a MtW participant.
MtW Info Pack – take a look at our information pack to learn more about MtW.
Participant Managers Toolkit – this is a specific DWP version so may need tailoring for your department.
Participant Workbook – This should be given to participants on day 1.
Policy Guidance – this is the CSEP agreed policy guidance. Please refer to departmental practice in some areas.
Skills to Succeed – this contains information about the learning modules.
Designing your Work Experience Opportunity – use this guide to help you design your work experience opportunity
DWP Consent Form – this is our case study consent form
Case Study Template – please return this case study template along with the consent form to tell us about your experience
Example Activities and Projects – this may give you some inspiration
MtW Cohort Approach – this is another way to deliver MtW in your department
Get in touch with us:
Head of Movement to Work & DWP Social Mobility
Cross-government Engagement Lead
Movement to Work Operations Lead