Registered charity retailTRUST has been working in partnership with Qube Learning and together they have created seven brand new work-ready videos to support you into your next role.
COVID-19 has presented many of us with unprecedented challenges. As lockdown restrictions ease, it is unlikely that life will return to the ‘normal’ we knew. While society and the retail community look at new ways of working, for some people this could result in uncertainty about their jobs.
Resources to help you look for a new role:
retailTRUST offers a wide range of guidance and tools to support retail colleagues, young people and their families. Some of the resources available include professional tips on getting the most out of your CV and preparing for an interview.
- Google job search. When searching for a new position, you are faced with a huge selection of job search websites. Learn how you can make the most of Google to help you find your next role.
- Guidance for writing a covering letter. This important document tells an employer why you’re the right candidate for the job. Find out how to structure the letter and what it should include.
- Get the most out your CV. Do you have a CV and is it relevant? Here are some do’s and don’ts to ensure your CV helps you find your next position.
- Researching a company online. The golden rule for a successful interview is making sure you research the organisation in advance. Find out how research can help improve your chances of securing a role.
- Preparing for your digital interview. As we have less face-to-face contact at the moment, and with the general increased use of video calling, here are some great tips on how to prepare for your online interview.
- Using Microsoft Teams for video interviews. You may be asked to use a video conferencing platform for your job interview. Learn how to prepare for a virtual interview using Microsoft Teams.
- Your digital footprint. More and more often, employers carry out social screening before offering you a job. Here are a few tips to make sure your digital footprint is the best it can be.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties, retailTRUST provides non-repayable grants to support you during this difficult time.
Click here for more details and to apply for a grant.
The free and confidential retailTRUST helpline is also available 24 hours a day to support everyone involved with retail. You can contact the dedicated and friendly team on 0808 801 0808 or by emailing [email protected].
You can also have a look at the charities previous blog post here.