FIRST is an accredited learning and developing agency specialising in leadership and progression skills for young people, start-ups and professionals.
As a business with a social purpose, our clients include local authorities, central government services, charitable organisations/trusts, education and private businesses. Our work involves designing, producing and evaluating programmes and is delivered through collaborative engagement events, workshops, accredited programmes and stand-alone activities.
We base all our learning and development activities on an ‘entrepreneurial competencies’ framework that is based on years of academic and practitioner research ensuring we have solid foundations and meaningful learning outcomes for every learner.
Last year we received the following impact from over 1000 young people we worked with:
- 88% found their course of study more relevant;
- 88% have a clearer idea with what they want to do after they finish education;
- 95% have a better understanding of what businesses exist in the North East and their opportunities;
- 85% are more likely to stay in the North East and look for work here;
- 95% rated our service as ‘good’, ‘very good’, or ‘excellent’, giving an average of 5.15 from a scale 1-6.