Want to find out more about Movement to Work and how you can take part? See below for some of the most frequently asked questions.
HOW CAN MOVEMENT TO WORK HELP ME?
MOVEMENT TO WORK CAN HELP YOU GET ONTO THE FIRST RUNG OF THE LADDER AND TAKE THOSE FIRST STEPS INTO A REWARDING CAREER IN THE INDUSTRY OF YOUR CHOICE.
We work with some of the most prestigious companies in the UK to help you get the skills and experience you need to build a successful career.
WHAT TYPE OF OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE?
THERE ARE A HUGE RANGE OF OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE ACROSS NUMEROUS SECTORS – FROM TECHNOLOGY AND HOSPITALITY TO RETAIL AND ENGINEERING, AMONGST OTHERS.
To find out more about what programmes are available in your area, please contact your local Jobcentre (if you currently receive benefits) or The Prince’s Trust customer services line on 0800 842 842 (if you are not receiving benefits).
HOW DO I APPLY FOR A MOVEMENT TO WORK PLACEMENT?
THERE ARE TWO ROUTES WHEN APPLYING FOR A PLACEMENT DEPENDING ON WHETHER YOU ARE ON BENEFITS OR NOT
- Apply direct (Not all placements listed)
- If you are receiving benefits: visit your local jobcentre
- If you do not receive benefits: contact the Prince’s Trust through their customer services line 0800 842 842 applicants from Northern Ireland should contact the Prince’s Trust.
WHERE ARE MOVEMENT TO WORK PROGRAMMES OFFERED?
THE PROGRAMMES AND LOCATIONS VARY BETWEEN SPECIFIC SECTORS AND COMPANIES, BUT THERE ARE OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE ACROSS THE UK.
I’M ON BENEFITS – CAN I JOIN THE PROGRAMME?
YOUR LOCAL JOBCENTRE WILL BE ABLE TO ADVISE YOU ON THIS, BUT THE GENERAL RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) is paid to support unemployed people who are actively seeking work and available to start full-time work immediately.
- However, if you claim JSA, you can participate in training and still keep your benefit as long as your Jobcentre work coach agrees that the training will enhance your prospects of employment. Please contact your local Jobcentre to discuss eligibility.