Diageo Learning for Life – 6 weeks – Ayrshire – 23/04/2018
Are you a ‘people person’ aged 18-28, have the desire to learn more about and work within in the exciting field of Hospitality? Which could also then become your national or international ticket to worldwide travel? If so, Diageo’s Learning for Life Hospitality and Bartender Programme is looking for you! We are the caretakers of amazing brands such as Guinness, Smirnoff, Captain Morgan’s, Baileys along with many, many more and we want to share our knowledge and expertise with you. Don’t have any previous experience? Don’t worry! We are just looking for the desire to learn and work in a customer focused environment, and we will bring the rest to you.
What does a typical placement look like?
Our Programme lasts 6 weeks, which consists of 4 weeks of top class training followed by 2 weeks work experience, or “live training”, and the programme will deliver everything you need to begin a new career in a bar, restaurant, hotel or other hospitality related area. By applying to become a Diageo Learning for Life Bartending and Hospitality participant, you will study towards – and achieve – six nationally recognised qualifications whilst also developing ‘soft’ and ‘practical’ work skills which you can later put to the test during your live training placement. On this journey you will be joined by 10-12 other young people who may be in similar circumstances to yourself – the focus will be on team working to help ensure everyone graduates successfully.
What you should wear:
- Day to day we look for a ‘smart- casual’ dress style – this means we don’t expect you to wear a shirt and tie but don’t want to see tracksuits either;
- When on work experience we will help you to look the part, either by wearing the placement provider’s uniform, or by wearing our Diageo Learning for Life branded workwear.
Skills you’ll come away with:
- Certificate for Personal Licence Holders;
- BIIAB Level 2 Food Safety in Catering;
- BIIAB Level 1 Award in Customer and Drinks Service;
- BIIAB Awards in Beer and Cellar Quality;
- BIIAB Level 1 Wine Service
- World Host
- Communication & Team Building
- Confidence & Assertiveness
- Timekeeping & Work Ethic
- Presentation Skills
- CV, Cover Letter & Application Form Skills
- Interview Techniques
- Pulling a pint
- Cocktail masterclasses
- Spirit tasting
- Mock bar practice
- Table service
- Dealing with customer complaints
What have previous participants of this programme said about their placement?
“At the beginning of the course I was fearful of the future, in fact, at the recruitment day I sat in the car and panicked at the thought of going in. At every step through the four weeks, the staff were supportive and affectionate and the course has aided my fluctuating mental health and has brightened my future.”
“I have learnt a lot about alcohol and how it is made and I have learned about beer and cellar quality, customer service, personal licence and gained a lot of knowledge and experience. I have also gained confidence to be able to go into work and for life in general.”
“This course has changed my life and my approach to working.”
Complete this placement and then…
- Secure long term employment within our sector;
- Get paid to travel;
- Develop onto Supervisory and Managerial roles within just months of graduation;
- Help future participants develop their skills from scratch as you once did;
- Say YES to a world of opportunity!
60% of our Learning for Life graduates secure employment immediately following this course, with this number growing to over 75% by 12 months after graduation. Our Diageo Bar Academy, World Class Cocktail Competitions, annual Industry Scholarships and VIP Events means learning and development doesn’t have to stop the moment you graduate – 12 months of dedicated aftercare ensures we are with you every step of the way.
Placement Reference: DIAGEO290
Placement Start Date: 23/04/2018