Department of Work and Pensions – Service Delivery Support in a Job Centre Office – Yate, Bristol – 09/04/2018
Assisting customers to access job centre services and to support the running of the office.
What does a typical placement look like?
- Meeting and greeting customers
- Assist at employer events (jobs fairs)
- Supporting customers in setting up Universal Job match accounts and making new claims online
- Digital up skilling of customers on a range of devices
- Supporting customers with setting up email addresses
- Searching on line for current vacancies – UJ Jobs of the Day
- Daily emailing of latest provision or job vacancies to work coaches
- Arranging displays/updating jobs boards
- Undertaking customer surveys
- Printing/copying resources
What you should wear:
You should dress in a professional and business like way. Footwear should be appropriate to the business environment.
Skills you’ll come away with:
This opportunity will enable participants to develop skills in: team working, communications, customer service, customer handling, planning and organising.
What have previous participants of this programme said about their placement?
“It has transformed my life.”
“I have gained a great deal of confidence.”
A few final things…
Reasonable travel expenses reimbursed? Yes – agreed in advance with your work coach.
Mentor provided during placement? Yes.
- If you are aged 18-24 and currently not employed or enrolled on a training/education course you are eligible for this opportunity.
Placement Reference: DWPyatebristol353
Placement Start Date: 09/04/2018