BT work placement – 3 weeks – Cardiff – 09/03/2018
BT work placements are for 16 to 24 year olds who aren’t in education, employment or training. You’ll learn skills that’ll help you get a job and you’ll get to experience what it’s like in a real workplace. You’ll get on the job experience of running a project from start to finish, working on your own and in a team. You’ll present to and work with senior BT people on your progress and achievements. After graduating we’ll support you into a job with us or another employer, or into further training.
What does a typical placement look like?
Week 1: Monday to Friday you’ll build and develop your CV and interview skills, as well as learning other digital employability skills. Week 2: You’ll start your work placement. They vary depending on where you live and can include working in a BT Contact Centre (customer service, sales, project management and data analysis), Technical Service Operations (network monitoring, fault analysis and project support), field engineering (repairing and installing equipment), warehousing (distribution, planning and logistics) or in BT Fleet (vehicle maintenance and customer service). Week 3: You’ll continue to gain experience in the workplace during your work placement. Wednesday to Friday, you’ll take part in a practice recruitment, have time to plan for your future and think about your short-term and long-term goals, before a graduation event to celebrate finishing your work placement with us.
What you should wear:
- Comfortable, smart casual clothing is best. For example, trousers and a top, chinos and a shirt, a dress, or a skirt and top. Don’t worry if you have a limited wardrobe – we don’t judge.
- We’ll give you any safety clothing or equipment if you need it in your work placement.
Skills you’ll come away with:
- Digital skills.
- Interview techniques and CV skills.
- Insight into BT operations.
- Data mining and analysis.
What have previous participants of this programme said about their placement?
- “The Work Ready programme motivated me, giving me hands-on experience. Everyone was amazing at helping each other on the course – it was brilliant.” Mathew Griffiths – Walsall
- “The work placement changed everything. It gave me with a lot more confidence in myself and the experience I needed. The BT team were great and always there to help.” Shane Staples
Complete this placement and then…
Since Jan 2014 more than 2,000 young people have taken part in BT Work Ready programmes, with over 60% going on to secure a job, apprenticeship or further education after completing the course.
A few final things…
Travel expenses reimbursed? Yes.
Mentor provided during placement? Yes.
Reference given once placement completed? Yes.
Please note: This placement is ONLY open to people aged between 16 and 24 and who are NOT in employment, education or training.
Placement Reference: BT319
Placement Start Date: 09/03/2018