British Gas – 2 Week Work Placement – Edinburgh – 19/03/2018
If you are 16 to 24 years old and not in employment, education or training, we are offering you a 2 week work experience placement designed to help you into the world of work. No experience is necessary, only a desire to learn. As part of a cohort of 12 young people you will learn new skills, improve your confidence, and work with both our Customer Service teams and Engineers. A number of our past candidates have progressed into permanent jobs with British Gas or one of our partners or into training at the end of their placements.
What does a typical placement look like?
We will be giving you two weeks of real work experience with both our customer service teams and also time spent out visiting customers with our engineers. We want you to gain first hand experience of how to deal with customers, both over the phone and indeed face to face in their homes. This will give you a superb insight to British Gas, and on completion, we hope you will want to consider applying for a position with us.
What you should wear:
- Smart/casual (jeans allowed)
- You will be provided with 2 polo shirts to be worn during your work experience weeks
- You will be provided with safety boots to be worn on Engineer and Academy visits.
Skills you will gain (these will depend on the specific placement):
- Customer Service skills that will that can be used in many industries and environemts
- CV and interview training.
What have previous participants of this programme said about their placement?
- “There was a lot more work experience than I expected which was really good, and in some parts of the business we got really involved. My time with an engineer was great, I had a full uniform when I was working with him and I really felt like part of the team.”
- “Best experience ever, really worthwhile, I learnt so much. It’s an opportunity not to be missed.”
- “An unexpected journey, I didn’t know what to expect and it was fun, so give it a go, as I now have a permanent job at British Gas, WOW!”
Complete this placement and then…
- 59% of past candidates have gone on to full time employment with either with British Gas or one of the other MtW Partners or have returned to education or training.
- Candidates guaranteed a telephone interview with feedback at the end of placement.
A few final things…
Travel expenses reimbursed? Yes (via JCP where applicable).
Reference given once placement completed? Certificate.
Please note: This placement is ONLY open to people aged between 16 and 24 and who are NOT in employment, education or training.
Placement Reference: BritishGas2Edinburgh328
Placement Start Date: 19/03/2018