Accenture – Go Tech – London – 29/01/2018
We have traineeships in London which will start at the end of January 2018.
We will hold an information event in London on December 8th where you can learn more about the traineeship and Accenture.
A traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high-quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an apprenticeship or other job.
The programme is 11 weeks long. Applicants must want to learn new skills so they can progress either into a job or apprenticeship. The focus is on technology and could lead to an Apprenticeship in Software Development, Digital Marketing or Systems and Networking.
The first 4 weeks are classrooms sessions that cover:
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- Accenture’s Go Tech (e.g. programming, app testing and user experience)
- Accenture’s Go Digital (digital fundamentals, social media, user experience, mobility and analytics)
The following 3 weeks you will be on a work experience placement with Accenture:
In a nutshell, we develop, deliver and implement big ideas that improve the performance of other companies across a wide range of different industries. This could include anything from working with new technologies and offering better customer experiences to increasing profits and improving market share. By harnessing the latest innovations to craft solutions that transform businesses, we keep our clients ahead of the game.
Accenture’s work experience activities will be based around a project lasting three weeks using Agile Project Management Methodology. You will work on an Accenture designed mobile application. Which will include testing the app following a typical testing process, identifying bugs and addressing them, considering usability, user experience and designing new features for the app. During the 3 weeks you will also learn about Accenture and its clients, meet Accenture employees and apprentices, visit our Innovation Centre and see how we are changing the future with technology, experience working in an Agile Project team and learn how to collaborate and brainstorm ideas. You will also learn more about Accenture’s Apprenticeship programme (and have the opportunity to apply for this year’s intake).
Attendance is Monday – Friday (9:30 to 5)
The last 4 weeks are back in class and will cover:
- Level 1 Certificate in ICT Professional Competence
- Functional skills L1/L2 maths and English continued learning and exam
To be eligible you must be:
- 18 years +
- Unemployed or working 16 hours or less
- Not have already gained a level 3 qualification
- Great communication skills
- Passion for technology
- Logical mind-set and problem-solving ability
You will also have:
- An inquisitive mind
- Motivation to succeed
- Strong desire to learn
- Ability to work in a team
What does a typical placement look like for a Traineeship in IT Development
|Introduction to app testing and project management||Managing the project and developing test scripts||Bug finding
|Innovation Centre visit
Presenting the findings from your testing
|Meet the recruitment team
Start using Agile methodology
|Market research on our app & competitors
Creating User journeys
|Using user experience techniques (UX)
Idea Down selection
|High fidelity enhancement mock ups||Online optimisation
|Project planning||Create slides, present and get detailed feedback||Mock interviews with the recruitment team Innovation Hub visit||Preparation for final presentations||Final presentations|
What you should wear:
- Professional attire to be worn at all times. For women, this means trousers or skirts with a smart top or smart dresses. For men, smart trousers and a business shirt.
Skills you will gain:
- Digital skills
- Programming basics
- App testing
- User experience
- Agile Methodology
- Project Management
- Team working
- Professionalism in the workplace
- Functional skills maths and English
- Being managed by others
- Time management and personal effectiveness in the work place
What have previous participants of this programme said about their placement?
- “The work experience really helped improve my key work skills and I found myself being incredibly motivated and inspired to come in everyday and pursue a career opportunity.”
- “I already knew that I strongly wanted to begin a career in technology, but this work experience has really made me realise that a career in technology is the only career for me.”
- “It further fuelled my passion for technology and I definitely want to make a career within this industry.”
Complete this placement and then…
You could secure an apprenticeship within the placement you completed your traineeship in or secure an apprenticeship with other employers that have an apprenticeship vacancy.
A few final things…
Travel expenses reimbursed? Yes, if eligible.
Lunch expenses reimbursed? Yes, during Accenture Placement.
Mentor provided during placement? Yes.
Reference given once placement completed? Yes and exit review.
Please note: This placement is ONLY open to people aged 18+ and who are NOT in employment, education or training.
Placement Reference: Accenture297
Placement Start Date: 29/01/2018